To view this article on The Boston Herald’s website, click here.
You can view our full report here: Cannabis Study – The Bernett Group.
By Herald Staff
Thursday, September 14, 2017
Massachusetts voters are concerned the state and the Cannabis Control Commission will roll out legal pot sales on time and fairly, according to a new poll. Here are key points from the survey:
How confident are you the state will be able to safely and fairly regulate the sale of marijuana?
- Extremely confident: 8 percent
- Very confident: 14 percent
- Somewhat confident: 36 percent
- Not very confident: 21 percent
- Not at all confident: 20 percent
How concerned are you that the state’s regulation of marijuana will be influenced by politics?
- Extremely concerned: 21 percent
- Very concerned: 25 percent
- Somewhat concerned: 26 percent
- Not very concerned: 16 percent
- Not at all concerned: 9 percent
Are you likely to buy marijuana when it becomes legal?
- Yes: 18 percent
- No: 75 percent
- Unsure: 6 percent
Will marijuana legalization be a good thing for Massachusetts?
- Yes, very good thing: 11 percent
- A good thing: 31 percent
- No effect: 21 percent
- A bad thing: 21 percent
- A very bad thing: 12 percent
SOURCE: Poll conducted by the Bernett Group for the Boston Herald